Quick Mart Ltd company is incorporated in the Republic of Kenya. This policy describes how Quick Mart Ltd collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together “Platforms”).
What this policy covers:
Using our Services means:
- sets out the types of personal information we collect;
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal information;
- explains when and why we may share personal information within and with other organisations;
- explains how we protect the personal information we collect; and
- explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information. This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Buying / Ordering services or products from any of our subsidiaries over the phone, in store, or online
- Using any of our platforms, including websites (“our Websites”), public Wi-Fi networks, or mobile applications (“our Mobile Apps”); or • Being a member of any of our loyalty schemes (e.g. Q-Points)
- Taking part in our promotions & competitions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email
- address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
- Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered / bought and how you paid);
- Information about your online browsing behavior on our Websites, Mobile Apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organizations’ websites);
- Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
- Information about your precise geolocation.
- Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn points for and how you use your points, coupons, and vouchers within our subsidiaries or with other partners.
- Personal information you provide about yourself;
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on; and
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
- review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
- improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- Processing your orders and refunds; and
- Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations to you.
Personalise your experience
We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your online browsing behavior as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services;
- Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on Our Websites and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners;
- To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps and other sources.
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners;
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by Quick Mart Ltd and by other organisations on our behalf
- Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps;
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
Quick Mart Ltd Subsidiaries
We may share the personal information collected by any of our subsidiaries with our other subsidiaries for the purposes listed above.
We may share your personal information with other companies that sell products through our Services (“Retail Partners”). We only share personal information that enables our Retail Partners to provide their services. For example, when you shop online or in-store we will give the relevant Retail Partner your name, contact details, and address so that they can deliver your items.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share personal information that enables our Service Providers to provide their services.
Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and our Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advert for our products and services when you use a particular social media site.
- If any applicable law or a public authority says we must share the personal information;
- If we need to share personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal information to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- To an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal information can use your personal information in the same way as us.
- To any other successors in title to our business; or
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is different from your country of residence or our country of incorporation.
In any case, we have put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions but we will only do so where required by applicable laws.
However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Quick Mart Ltd is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations and regulators’ expectations.
If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us on +254717904904 or write to the Customer Care desk, Quick Mart Ltd, P.O. Box 2361-00621 Village Market, Nairobi. You can also email us at . However, we will retain and use your registration information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to enquiries made to us, and that we may hold your details on a suppression list so we don’t send you marketing communications in the future.
Improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work
Improve the performance of our Websites and Mobile Apps
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our Websites by other organisations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our Websites and on other organisations’ websites.
You may also see adverts for other organisations on our Websites.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected (e.g. Loyalty program).
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our platforms. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use some of our products and services that require you to sign in.
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse Platform use, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our Platforms’ content, layout, products and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our Platforms. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our Platforms, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our Platforms linked to social media or similar sites (for example “Like” and/or “Share” buttons), content from our Platforms may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers, or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- Rectify the information we hold about you;
- Erase your personal information;
- Restrict our use of your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information;
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, or out of date, please write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
You can also email us at .
We will endeavor to respond to your concerns as soon as possible.